Asbestos Hazard Awareness Overview
- Identify the properties and uses of asbestos
- Recognize where asbestos may be found and how it may appear on a jobsite
- Recall health effects of asbestos exposure over time
- Identify how you can prevent workplace asbestos exposure
This lesson will help employees increase hazard awareness and assess the risk for operations where there is any potential for exposure to asbestos and the risk of acquiring an asbestos-related disease. However, completing this lesson alone does not meet the intent of applicable regulations nor qualify a worker to collect samples or perform abatement activities.
- 9 minutes
- Format: Online Interactive
- English , Spanish
- Asbestos Hazards Awareness Overview
- California Code of Regulations, Subchapter 4. Construction Safety Orders, Article 4. Dusts, Fumes, Mists, Vapors, and Gasses, Safety Order 1529. Asbestos.
- California Code of Regulations, Subchapter 7. General Industry Safety Orders, Group 16. Control of Hazardous Substances, Article 110. Regulated Carcinogens, Safety Order 5208. Asbestos.
- 29 CFR 1926 Subpart Z - Toxic and Hazardous Substances - 1926.1101 Asbestos
- 29 CFR 1910 Subpart Z - Toxic and Hazardous Substances - 1910.1001 Asbestos