Cold Stress Overview
- Identify the hazards that can result from working in cold environments including physical signs, symptoms, and treatments.
- Identify ways to protect against cold stresses including preparations, practices, and dressing appropriately.
The goal of the course is to create awareness among employees of the hazards inherent to working in cold environments. Additionally, the course identifies the nature, symptoms, and treatment of cold stresses and the precautions employees should take to protect themselves.
- 8 minutes
- Format: Online Interactive
- English , Spanish
- Recognize, Respond and Prevent
- Boating Safety and Safe Boating Blog, Surviving Cold Water Immersion, 2010
- CDC - Cold Stress - NIOSH Workplace Safety and Health Topic
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention, NIOSH, Cold Stress - Cold Related Illnesses, 2016
- Federal OSHA Emergency Preparedness, Cold Stress Guide
- Federal OSHA Quick Card, Protecting Workers from Cold Stress
- Federal OSHA Winter Weather Preparedness
- Federal OSHA, Winter Weather, Cold Stress, 2012
- Mayo Clinic, First Aid, Frostbite, 2017
- University of Alaska Fairbanks, Department of Recreation, Adventure, and Wellness, Dressing for the Cold, 2012