Drug- and Alcohol-Free Workplace Overview
- As a result of completing this overview, the learner will be able to identify issues created by drug and alcohol use in the workplace and gain additional information on signs and symptoms, best practices for internal reporting, and federal requirements for a Drug-Free Workplace program.
The goal of the lesson is to reduce the financial and personnel cost of injuries and lost workdays due to controllable factors such as illness, use of medication, and drug and alcohol use.
- 5 minutes
- Format: Online Interactive
- English , Spanish
- Drug- and Alcohol-Free Workplace Overview
- Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1988 (Public Law 100-690)
- National Institute on Drug Abuse
- National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Alcoholics Anonymous (AA)
- Narcotics Anonymous (NA)
- Al-Anon Family Groups