MSHA - Electrical Hazards*
- Explain electrical properties and list electrical hazards found in surface mines.
- Identify components of electrical systems and explain how they must be controlled to protect workers.
- Describe lockout/tagout procedures.
- Describe how to safely work on circuits, power cables and equipment.
- Explain the purpose and requirements for grounding.
* This course is an additional fee, and is not part of the standard HSI course pricing tiers. Please speak with a specialist to determine pricing of this course.
- 37 minutes
- Format: Online Interactive
- Introduction to Electrical Hazards
- Electrical System Components
- Working on Power Cables, Circuits, and Equipment
- Concluding the Investigation
- MSHA 30 CFT 56 Subpart K - Electricity
- MSHA 30 CFR - 77 Subpart O - Coal Mine Safety and Health