First Aid - Environmental Emergencies
- Identify how to respond to a chemical splash.
- Describe how to respond to a poisoning emergency.
- Explain how to assist someone who has an animal bite or insect bite or sting.
- Identify how to respond to heat stress.
- Recognize how to respond to cold stress.
After completing this lesson, learners will be able to recognize and respond to various types of environmental emergencies, including poisoning, chemical splashes, heat and cold stress, and animal bites or insect stings.
- 15 minutes
- Format: Online Interactive
- English , Spanish
- Indoor Environmental Emergencies
- Outdoor Environmental Emergencies
- Mayo Clinic, Patient Care & Health Info, First Aid, September 2014
- Part 15: First Aid, Web-based Integrated 2010 & 2015 American Heart Association and American Red Cross Guidelines for First Aid, April 01, 2016