First Aid Fundamentals
- Explain a first aid provider’s responsibilities, and identify the legal and ethical issues related to acting as a first aid provider
- Describe how to appropriately approach a medical emergency situation.
- Explain the procedures to follow when responding to a conscious or unconscious victim.
- Explain when it is and is not appropriate to move an injured or ill person and how to appropriately position them while waiting for EMS to arrive.
- Recognize the symptoms of shock and explain how to respond to persons suffering from shock.
After completing this lesson, learners will be able to explain a first aid provider's responsibilities, identify the legal and ethical issues related to acting as a first aid provider, and explain when it is appropriate to move ill or injured patients and how it should be done.
- 16 minutes
- Format: Online Interactive
- English , Spanish
- Assess and Respond
- While Waiting for EMS