Hazardous Waste Management
- Define hazardous waste, explain the importance of managing it properly, and list the categories of hazardous waste generators.
- List some actions industrial facilities use to manage hazardous waste, and explain how you can assist your company with its hazardous waste management efforts.
- Describe how to handle common types of hazardous waste.
- Describe how you, and other individuals with various roles and responsibilities, should respond to an unintended release of hazardous waste.
Define a hazardous waste, recognize standards that regulate hazardous waste, and identify requirements of hazardous waste management.
- 20 minutes
- Format: Online Interactive
- Introduction to Hazardous Waste
- Handling Hazardous Waste
- Special Instructions for Common Wastes
- Emergency Response
- Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), 40 CRF part 260-265
- 40 CFR 261 Subpart D
- 40 CFR 261 Subpart C