402-05 - Impedance in AC Circuits
When working with AC circuits, using the correct values for calculations is necessary to get the correct answer. AC circuits react differently with inductance and capacitance than DC circuits. Basic Ohm's Law can't be used in AC circuits without understanding how to determine impedance. This understanding is important in installing, troubleshooting, or repairing AC circuits.
The Impendence in AC Circuits training course shows how to determine the total impedance of an AC circuit and apply Ohm's Law to find other unknown values. This online course focuses on:
- Phasor diagrams
- Ohm's Law and alternating current
- AC circuits with inductive reactance and resistance in series
- AC circuits with capacitive reactance and resistance in series
- AC circuits with reactance and resistance in parallel
Impedance in AC Circuits is part of the Alternating Current (AC) training series.
- 40 minutes
- Format: Online Interactive