- Recognize the purpose and benefits of an incident investigation.
- Identify common practices to follow and information to be gathered during an investigation.
- Describe documenting and reporting responsibilities.
- Recognize the importance of and common practices for determining root cause.
- Discuss the importance of implementing corrective actions.
The purpose of this lesson is to familiarize employees with the common procedures of conducting an incident investigation, specifically an incident involving an injury. The crux of why incident investigation is critical is to implement corrective actions to prevent further incidents.