- Recognize the purpose of lock and tag procedures
- Identify the responsibilities of authorized, affected, and other employees during lockout/tagout procedures
- Identify sources of energy hazards and consequences of improper control
- Recall employer responsibilities and requirements for lock and tag
- Recognize different types of lock and tag devices
- Identify procedural steps for lock and tag
- Recognize when lockout/tagout is occurring, and the role of an affected worker in keeping the procedure safe
The goal of this lesson is to provide awareness level training for all employees about the existence of hazardous energy sources; the isolation of those energy sources during certain maintenance and repair activities; and the communication and control procedures that limit access to those energy sources through the use of tags and locks.