Passenger Van Driver Safety
- Describe the characteristics of a passenger van that differentiate it from other passenger transport vehicles
- Identify the unique hazards associated with operating a passenger van
- Recognize the importance of pre-vehicle inspections and safety steps you should take before beginning any trip
- Identify the precautions you must take to properly load a passenger van
- Identify driving techniques you can use to increase safety when operating a 15-passenger van
You will learn how to recognize and minimize the hazards associated with operating a 12-15-passenger van with a combined gross vehicle weight of less than 10,000 pounds. Additionally, you will learn the importance of pre-vehicle inspection and safety steps you should take before beginning any trip. This lesson only covers passenger vans and not limousines or commercial motor vehicles over 10,000 pounds.