Remote Skills Verification: Reaching Your Students Online
Approved Training Centers and Instructors can now take advantage of HSI’s new Remote Skills Verification (RSV) technology to safely continue to provide training and full certification to your students.
RSV - coupled with our existing blended learning programs - will allow you to provide training to those who need it most. While giving you complete flexibility in location and scheduling.
What is RSV?
Our fully integrated RSV portal allows students to learn at their own pace and demonstrate required hands-on skills in a live, online setting.
You’ll use your Otis 3.0 portal to offer blended training that encompasses all aspects of training, including skills verification through an integrated video-conference platform.
First, your student will complete an online blended learning course. Then, they’ll complete a remote, hands-on skills verification session with you.
But how will your student gain access to a manikin or other training equipment if it’s all done remotely?
Because each Training Center has different customers and varying training needs, you’ll have the flexibility to choose which RSV option is right for your business.
The three RSV options include:
- RSV Option. With this option, the Training Center will be responsible for handling how the hands-on skills components will reach the student. For example, you could directly sell them equipment or choose to ship or drop off equipment to their location.
- RSV-D Option. HSI will ship all hands-on skills components directly to the student to keep for future use. This is a great option for Training Centers that would prefer to avoid additional training logistics. Like shipping, collecting or cleaning manikins.
- RSV-M Option. HSI will ship equipment to your student, but a return label will be included. Your student will return all training materials to HSI before receiving their digital certification card.
Each RSV option has its own pricing levels that can be located in your Otis portal. And you can mix and match options depending on each customer and your own preferences.
Here are some additional key points to keep in mind when using the RSV platform:
- RSV is designed for a 1:3 instructor-to-student ratio.
- The Instructor will need access to a computer or tablet that has a webcam, along with the usual equipment needed for a traditional classroom setting (e.g. manikin, AED trainer, gloves, etc.).
- RSV is available to all ASHI, MEDIC First Aid and EMS Safety Approved Training Centers for most courses up to BLS that have been available previously with blended learning. EMS Safety Training Centers have access to ASHI blended learning courses up to the level they are currently authorized to train.