Set Your CPR Business Up for Success for the New Year
With 2022 right around the corner, it’s time to start thinking about how you can close out your books and set your CPR business up for success for the new year.
By dedicating some extra time to general housekeeping tasks, you can start your year off organized and ready to focus on providing training services and making your community safer.
- Get your finances in order. Generate standard financial reports to clearly see where your CPR business stands financially. This will get you organized for tax season and help guide business decisions for the new year. For example, if your profit is higher than expected, you might benefit from prepaying certain expenses or making large inventory purchases before the year ends. However, if your profit isn’t quite where you want it to be, you can start assessing what business practices can be put in place to achieve greater success next year.
- Review your client and vendor list. Update contact information, including addresses, phone numbers and key contacts. Note any students or clients that will need recertification or other training services in 2022. If you’re currently using outside vendors for training supplies and products, explore the HSI online store for one-stop-shop convenience and special pricing.
- Take inventory of your training equipment and supplies. Make sure all CPR manikins and AED trainers are accounted for and in good, working order. Go through your student consumables (e.g. gloves, CPR barriers, first aid training supplies, etc.) to ensure you have enough to finish out the year. Prepare to replace any equipment or supplies, so that you’re well stocked for the upcoming year.
- Evaluate your payment options. Did your CPR business grow in 2021? If it did (or if you plan to expand your services), it might be time to review your payment methods so that you have multiple options to benefit your business and your students.
- Update marketing materials. Check your website and any printed marketing materials to ensure all information is accurate for the upcoming year. Be sure to add any additional services, update business or program logos, and change pricing information.
- Acknowledge accomplishment from 2021. It’s important to take a moment to recognize achievements from this past year. Highlight Instructors who went above and beyond. Celebrate Training Center milestones, such as how many students were trained. This can help get Instructors motivated and excited for next year.
You can also share 2022 business goals to help with Instructor buy-in and get everyone on the same page for the new year.
Expand Your Services in 2022
Expand your services for the new year by becoming an AVERT Instructor. Every workplace can benefit from active violence training, including your existing client base.
The AVERT Instructor Development Course can be completed in as little as one day and will provide you with all the training and necessary components you need to start teaching AVERT in 2022.
Learn more about becoming an AVERT Instructor.