HSI September Newsletter 2021
Your monthly digest of resources & news for you and your business, with something for everyone.
Upcoming Webinar on 9/21
It's not the most glamorous part of the job, but all HR and Safety leaders need a system to log, track, and provide workflows to enhance safety and compliance processes.
Neither Excel nor paper on clipboards is cutting it anymore in this virtual world, magnifying the need for a Safety Management System (SMS).
Hosted by HSI's finest, Jill James, Chief Safety Officer, and Sara Pajda, Product Marketing Manager, you'll learn about the 5 essential elements of compliance, and the following:
- How to get started
- How to move from a clipboard or Excel to better software
- Benefits to you and your employees
- How to show the value of such a system to your leadership
Join us for the webinar on Tuesday, September 21 at 11 am PT / 2 pm ET as we workshop real-world examples (with show-and-tell) of how safety leaders are creating a safer work environment with checklists, hazard, incident and injury management, audits and inspection tracking, chemical datasheet management, and more!
Can't attend live? No worries! You can register now and watch on-demand later.
Product Updates & News
New Analytics Dashboard
The dashboard changes focus on the data you need and want in a format that is visually pleasing, easy to interpret, and with much more detail than before.
- Improved graphics, like pie charts, graphs, details and colors that make snapshot info visually appealing and easy to see and share
- Addition of the report "percent complete", which is a pie chart broken down into four categories: complete, in training window, current, not in window yet
- See compliance rates to ensure employees are staying up-to-date and safe, with the proper data ready for regulatory inspections
- New dashboard contains a home page, as well as a tab for training management and chemical management
This is just the beginning of the benefits from this enhancement, and we continue to expand and integrate this functionality into the platform.
We have increased efforts to offer more Spanish language training courses, with direct translations of their English counterpart, covering the same vital information via translated text and narration.
Here’s a list of some of the latest course updates available in Spanish:
- Muscle Sprains and Strains course: Esguinces y torceduras
- Concrete and Masonry: Concreto y mampostería
- Valve Safety course: Seguridad de válvulas
- Powered Industrial Truck Safety: Seguridad de vehículo industrial motorizado
- COVID-19: Workplace Safety: Seguridad en el lugar de trabajo
- MSHA - Self-Rescue and Respiratory Devices
- MSHA - Emergency Evacuation and Fire Escape
- MSHA – Prevention of Accidents
- MSHA - Mandatory Health and Safety Standards
- MSHA – Transportation Controls and Communication Systems
HSI & Parent Heart Watch Partnership
HSI and Parent Heart Watch (PHW) have partnered to offer HSI’s Remote Skills Verification (RSV) training technology for CPR, AED and First Aid to increase the sudden cardiac arrest (SCA) survival rate beyond 10%, where it has remained stagnant for three decades.
Given 356,000 people are lost each year to SCA, 23,000 of those are youth under age 18, there is a critical need to equip the public with basic skills that could triple a victim’s chance of survival. The partnership brings together two organizations recognized for their success in promoting awareness, education and training so that anyone can respond to a cardiac emergency.
Peer Rating Awards
HSI’s EHS Safety Management System has recently been rated as a “Market Leader”, “Highest Rated”, and “Top Performer” across multiple peer-review sites.
Amazon wouldn’t be the same without customer ratings and reviews. That's why we want to showcase HSI’s Donesafe SMS platform as rated by our customers, across multiple review sites!
If you’re evaluating a new EHS or Safety Management System, choose the one that is higher rated than all competitors, AND is 94% likely to be recommended to a colleague (vs. the closest competitor at 75%.)
Read what our customers have to say:
- FeaturedCustomers – Market Leader in the 2021 Environmental, Health & Safety Software Report
- Capterra – Top Performer in Quality Management Software and Compliance Software
- G2 – High Performer in Environmental Health and Safety Software and by competitor comparison
White Paper: Preparing Organizations for the New Age of Diversity
Helping you formulate that plan is the true goal of this whitepaper. It is somewhat modular on purpose: Different sections will be useful to different people, depending on how much commitment to diversity is already part of your organization’s “DNA.”.
There is something for everyone: even professionals whose companies have a diversity program in place might find something new and enlightening.
Here are some of the questions this whitepaper can help you answer:
- Is everyone on the same page when it comes to knowing what diversity is?
- How do you get buy-in for diversity initiatives?
- Why do you need diversity initiatives that go beyond mere compliance?
- How do you prepare leaders to lead diverse teams?
- How can you improve employees’ “diversity IQ”?
Supervisor Safety Tip: Severe Weather Safety
This free, 10-minute video follows HSI’s Chief Safety Officer and former OSHA inspector, Jill James, as she visits University of Louisville in Kentucky discuss how to complete required emergency action planning. At the University of Louisville, they have first-hand experience with severe weather events, and the video involves discussion between Jill and Dennis Sullivan, the Assistant Director of Environmental Health and Safety and a Certified Emergency Manager.
Some people believe that “Emergency Action Planning” only pertains to fire emergencies, but that's not the case. Employers need to be thinking about any kind of emergency that can occur in their workplace. So that could be a hurricane or an earthquake, a violent incident, a chemical release, a flood, or even a tornado.