Verdantix Global Corporate Survey 2022: EHS Budgets, Priorities And Tech Preferences
Fill out the form to download this white paper.
Verdantix is the only independent analyst group focused on the EHS & ESG markets. HSI brings you their 2022 EHS Survey free of charge (a $4,000 value to you) so you can better understand where you stand related to your EHS priorities.
This report helps EHS executives benchmark their firms’ budgets, investment priorities and technology preferences relative to their global peer group. The data collected through the Verdantix survey also support strategic decision-making and business planning by executives at EHS consulting and technology providers.
HSI seeks to help EHS leaders by addressing what are found as gaps for companies, including:
- EHS and ESG reporting not just for enterprises but for small- and medium-sized businesses
- Safety training, mental health, and DEI learning are paramount to companies’ total worker health goals
- Integrating traditionally disparate systems into one ecosystem for safety training, employee development, and EHS tracking
This survey contains data from more than 300 companies, and reveals resilient spend in the next 12 months, with very few firms intending to reduce EHS budgets. Mounting environmental and ESG regulation will shift EHS spend priorities as chemical and hazardous waste compliance and environmental compliance top the list for spend increases. EHS technology adoption will continue to grow across the digital landscape.
EHS has become a truly integrated function, providing vital input to other functions
- Verdantix finds that more than 85% of EHS functions now contribute to the management of quality, operational risk, worker wellbeing, or supply chain and contractor strategies
- Heightened collaboration between EHS and operations functions will continue
Clarity on how ESG and an uncertain economic climate are shaping budgets and priorities
- Traditional EHS Priority areas remain intact despite ESG, total worker health, and digital transformation disrupters
- EHS is pivotal to corporate ESG initiatives, including net zero responsibilities that are top of mind for the C-suite
Emergent Influencers, Led By ESG, Will Result In Steadfast 2023 EHS Budgets
- Migrating to proactive EHS management is a major driving force for EHS budgets
- High penetration rates for mental health and wellbeing software have not yet translated into widespread EHS software innovation
There remains significant headroom for firms to upgrade their EHS technology ecosystems
- Scattered software ecosystems create opportunity for improved EHS insights and risk management
- There are signs of growing EHS software adoption amongst small and medium-sized firms
Independent insight and analysis. Verdantix is the only independent analyst group focused on the EHS & ESG markets. Our Environment, Health & Safety research is designed for EHS professionals seeking to improve the effectiveness of their EHS information management strategies. We also serve the needs of C-level executives at EHS software and services firms who need to keep track of the competitive environment, get insight into buyer preferences and make investment decisions on the basis of reliable data.