Provider Review: Convergence
Safety training online is a competitive industry, full of provider options. To help you make a smart purchase, HSI does the diligence on quality, cost, and ease of implementation, offering an unbiased overview of the industry’s more popular vendors.
Workforce training courses and software designed to help you tackle the toughest industrial skills and compliance challenges.
- 750+ eLearning Courses
- 50+ Fortune 500 Customers
- 15+ Years of Experience
Simply the Best eLearning You Can Buy: Step into this century with the most modern, engaging, and accurate courses available.
Always Growing, Never Out of Date: Our library is always expanding and evolving, just like your training needs. We average over 70 new courses and 50 course updates every year.
Convergence Training has its roots in high-level custom training development for the wood products industry, and that legacy remains apparent today.
Convergence Training has since expanded its catalogue of eLearning courses across predominately high-risk industrial classifications.
- Paper Manufacturing
- Pulp Manufacturing
- Corrugated Packaging
- Industrial Hygiene
- Industrial Maintenance
- Environmental Health & Safety (EHS)
- Human Resources Compliance
- Soft Skills
- Power & Utilities
- Mining Safety (MSHA)
Convergence Training does not publish its pricing for any product. Quotes are available by request.
Much of its early online training courseware was oriented toward design and schematics of equipment in support of the paper manufacturing industry; here’s an example: Corrugated Box Basics
That’s why some training topics covered by Convergence Training are of such specificity to paper manufacturing that the course title may be unfamiliar, whereas other titles are easily identifiable…
- Broke Systems
- Chemical Additives
- Dry End Equipment
- General Papermaking
- Paper Machine Auxiliary Systems
- Stock Approach
- Stock Preparation
- Storage and Shipping
- Wet Pressing
- White Water and Filtrate Systems
- Fiber Supply
- Kraft Pulping
- Supplemental and Recycled Fiber
- General Tissue Making
- Yankee Dryers
Operations & Maintenance
- Equipment and Tools
- Heating and Cooling Systems
- Hydraulics, Pneumatics, Pumps, and Valves
- Maintenance Basics
- Math and Science Concepts
- Measurement Methods and Sensors
- Motors, Drives, and Conveyors
- Principles of Manufacturing
Human Resources Compliance
- Disabilities in the Workplace
- Conflict Management
- Diversity in the Workplace
- Stress Management and Prevention
- Substance Abuse Awareness
- Email Basics
- Discrimination in the Workplace
- Sexual Harassment Awareness
- Violence in the Workplace
Health & Safety (OSHA)
- Cranes and Rigging
- Driver Safety (do not cover distracted driving)
- Equipment Safety
- First Aid
- General Safety
- Hazardous Material
- Health and Illnesses
- Lockout and Energy Control
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Safety Management
- Working at Heights
Mining Safety (MSHA)
- First Aid and Respirators
- Hazard Recognition and Avoidance
- Health and Safety Aspects of Tasks
- Introduction to the Mine Environment
- Rights and Reporting
Many of the online courses offered by Convergence Training are fairly characterized as above the industry standard.
Strengths include consistency of style; each of its eLearning modules are built with a distinctive approach to scenario-based learning using 3D animation.
The result is that Convergence Training courses are easily identifiable, relative to similar training topics available in the online safety training marketplace; a common device is the animation of equipment components:
Show workers things they can't normally see, such as…
- Small things like particles in chemical reactions
- Large things like boilers that can be over 10 stories tall
- Fast things like high-speed mechanical components
- Views blocked by guarding, walls, and supports
- New equipment before it has been installed and setup
- Maintenance procedures without having to shut down and disassemble production equipment
- Scenarios that would otherwise risk workers' safety
Many of Convergence Training’s eLearning products do incorporate a substantial degree of interactivity on behalf of the user.
Course duration is typically between 15–50 minutes, depending on the training topic; average length is 25 minutes.
Various excerpts of Convergence Training’s courses are available on YouTube: Compressed Air Fundamentals | Construction Site Stormwater Run-off Control | Floor and Walkway Safety and Auditing
Convergence Training’s eLearning modules are compliant with Aviation Industry Computer-Based Training Committee (AICC) and Subject Content Object Reference Model (SCORM) eLearning standards.
Some light authoring capabilities are available through its Convergence Learning Management System (LMS):
- Build eLearning with your own images and videos
- Create quizzes, surveys, and task lists
- Select multiple-choice, multiple-response, and true/false question formats
- Set minimum passing scores
A limited selection of courses are available in the following languages: Spanish, Chinese, German French, Italian, Tamil, Japanese, Korean, Dutch, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Thai.
Additionally, Convergence Training offers translation services.
Training Management Options:
Convergence Training offers a namesake Learning Management System (LMS) for enterprise level customers, “…designed specifically for the needs of industrial and manufacturing facilities.”
- Import employees from an Excel template
- Sync employee data from HR/Payroll systems
- Manage training across multiple sites
- Configure access rights with security roles
- Scale up as you grow
- eLearning in SCORM or AICC formats
- Videos in any format
- Documents in PDF, PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
- SharePoint resources and links
- Build and assign onboarding and orientation training
- Manage required compliance training
- Offer electives for line-of-progression training
- Set up automatic assignments for job transfers
- Update assignments for the whole company, instantly
- Set assignment start, end, due, and recurring dates
- Configure sophisticated compliance training schedules
- Schedule automatic email reminders and notifications
- Schedule and take attendance for classroom training (ILT)
- Credit training in the field (OJT)
- Confirm that employees have read policies and compliance documents
- Verify that employees can successfully complete a procedure
- Email reports in PDF or Excel format
- Schedule recurring reports to email automatically
- Configure security roles to limit access to data
- New training assignments
- Training due date approaching
- Training overdue, expiring, and completed
- Updated training
- Elective requests
Yes and No; Convergence Mobile is a combination of offers. First, there’s a selection of windows-based tablets available for purchase. Convergence also markets a Just-in-Time Training (JITT) tablet with a built-in barcode scanner for localization of training in work environments. Convergence Mobile is also a characterization of the ability to synch with Convergence Learning Management System (LMS), and track training activities on mobile devices.
Custom Course Development:
Yes; Convergence Training will adapt its eLearning courses to better align with customer specifications as well as create custom eLearning modules.
Convergence Training has a well-established niche in paper manufacturing, having served customers in that industry for decades. Today, this online training provider is known for courses featuring 3D animation and its proprietary namesake Leaning Management System (LMS).