Hand and Power Tools
- Recognize the hazards of using hand and power tools and the work practices that will help you use them safely.
- Identify the hazards of electric and battery powered tools and the work practices that will help you use them safely.
- List the hazards of pneumatic, powder-actuated, fuel powered, and hand tools and the work practices that will help you use them safely.
This course will introduce the hazards associated with hand and power tool use and the actions you can take to reduce your risk of hand and power tool-related accidents and injuries. Completing this course does not qualify or authorize you to operate a specific tool.
The primary audience for this course is workers who routinely or incidentally use hand and power tools at work.
- Training Type: Online Interactive
- 23 minutes
- English, Spanish
- Instant Safety Video
- Hand and Power Tool Safety Basics
- Using Electric and Battery Powered Tools Safely
- Using Other Tools Safely
- 29 CFR 1910 Subpart P, 1910.241, 1910.242, 1910.243, 1910.244