Instrumentation and Controls
- Explain the basic operation of a boiler-following instrumentation and control system
- Describe the effects on efficiency and/or availability when actual parameter values are different than what is indicated
- List common systems and parameters controlled by generating unit instrumentation and control systems
- In your own words, describe how a control system responds when it receives an erroneous signal from an instrument such a thermocouple
- Explain common operator responses to instrumentation and control problems
When you complete this lesson, you will be able to explain the basic operation of a boiler following instrumentation and control system. You will be able to describe the effects when actual parameter values are different than what is indicated. You will also be able to explain common responses to instrumentation and control problems.
- 55 Minutes