Content, training, and technology for the public safety industry
While you are busy protecting others, let us protect you. We understand the pace of your work, the regulatory requirements you are subject to, your workforce and your unique struggles. We know you because we work with your sector. Leaders in your space have given voice to the solutions we design to fit the public safety sector.Schedule a Demo
Built by professionals you can trust
Stop wading through regulatory text, instructional design theory, industrial skill curriculum, or software development. We have done the heavy lifting for you. If you want to know who is behind any of our solutions, let’s talk! We love to tell stories about our products; why and how we built and tested them; and trained our staff to understand and support you. And, if you really want to get us talking, ask about the professionals who make our solutions possible and who you will meet on your journey with us. We are proud of our work and of one another and cannot wait to meet you!
Track all activities
Imagine a dashboard displaying any level of status for you, your team, and senior leaders. View current and historic training records for each employee; the status of incidents; completed or incomplete processes, inspections and engage anyone in your organization from senior leaders to hourly employees. Paper trails and providing data for your due diligence is our specialty, whether for your leadership; a board of directors; an accreditation entity; insurance company; broker or auditor we have your back.
Training for the Whole Person
From the dispatch call center to the front-line public safety workers, these employees work in some of the most stressful conditions and witness senseless tragedies every day. Your training program can go beyond the foundational elements of the job to help the whole person with their mental health and soft skills as well.
- Health and wellness. Stress, anxiety, and poor health can cause dangerous distractions at work. Consider offering training courses on stress management, how to build resilience, and how to spot opioid and alcohol addiction.
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion. Train your employees on unconscious bias, tokenism, and LGBTQ+ issues so they can bring their full selves to work and treat everyone with respect, including their coworkers and the public they serve.
- Empathy and critical observation. These are two unique training topics that could help public safety professionals during their day-to-day responsibilities.
- Soft Skills. We offer many more topics for your administrative team like soft skills training, new manager and supervisor training, and more. Learn more about our employee training topics.
Active shooter training — includes response techniques and emergency bleeding control skills
When violence occurs, seconds count, and you can't always wait for EMS to arrive. HSI’s Active Violence Emergency Response Training (AVERT) teaches your employees how to react in the event of an active shooter situation. The program includes blended training on:
- How to recognize warning signs of potential violence
- Effective responses in an active shooter situation
- Life-saving emergency bleeding control skills
Developed by law enforcement and healthcare experts, AVERT empowers people to become immediate responders—and potentially save lives—if an active shooter situation occurs.Learn More Watch Video
Nationally recognized CPR, AED, and first aid training
HSI CPR, AED, and first aid training programs are designed for individuals and organizations to obtain full certification and meet regulatory requirements. Delivered using in-person, remote, or blended learning, HSI instructors combine their expertise with engaging videos, skill guides, and presentations to deliver classes.
HSI is a nationally approved and accredited training organization, and our CPR, AED, and first aid certification programs are backed by outstanding customer service and technical support.Learn More
Training and emergency supplies – AEDs, bleeding control kits, CPR manikins, and more
HSI has everything you need to improve safety and to provide a comprehensive, hands-on training experience. We ship training and emergency supplies such as AEDs, CPR manikins, bleeding control kits, first aid sets, and other accessories anywhere in the country.Learn More
First responder continuing education
HSI offers hundreds of courses that meet NREMT recertification and refresher guidelines for emergency medical responders, EMTs, and paramedics. Our training works with your schedule, budget, and organization’s needs. HSI is a CAPCE accredited organization.Learn More