Introduction to the Siemens V-Series Gas Turbine
- Explain the overall function of a gas turbine
- Describe the basic design of an axial flow compressor
- Identify the primary purpose of a combustion chamber
- Identify the purpose of a turbine
Siemens Westinghouse has developed a large fleet of gas turbines used in many different applications across the globe. Understanding the components and design of the Siemens Westinghouse V-series gas turbine is necessary to distinguish it from others within the Siemens fleet.
The Introduction to the Siemens V-series training course describes the basic components of the V-series gas turbine. It also identifies the basic compressed air and hot gas flow paths through the V94 3 gas turbine. This online course includes:
- V-series gas turbine background
- Basic design characteristics
- Advantages of a combined cycle
Introduction to the Siemens V-series is part of the Combustion Turbine Fundamentals training series.
- Training Type: Online Interactive
- 50 Minutes