Power Plant Unit Control
- Discuss the basic operation of a boiler-following distributed control system (DCS)
- Explain how changing power plant load affects steam temperature, pressure, and flow
- Describe how the DCS maintains parameters at their designed values when unit load changes
- Discuss the relationship between the following:
- Fuel flow and associated unit parameters.
- Fuel flow, furnace draft, air flow, and excess oxygen.
- Feedwater flow, steam flow, unit load and boiler drum level
- Identify operator responsibilities in controlling key operating parameters, systems, and equipment during normal operation
When you complete this lesson, you will be able to describe the basic design and function of a boiler-following instrumentation and control system.
- 50 Minutes