First Aid - Choking
- Explain how to recognize partial and complete airway obstructions.
- Explain how to respond to partial and complete airway obstructions.
This lesson provides instruction on how to respond confidently to an airway obstruction until professional medical help arrives. This program does not qualify for first aid or CPR certification.
- 7 minutes
- Format: Online Interactive
- English , Spanish
- Recognizing Foreign Body Airway Obstructions
- Caring for Foreign Body Airway Obstructions
- http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/aed/howtouse, accessed February 01, 2016
- http://www.mayoclinic.org/first-aid/first-aid-choking/basics/art-20056637, accessed November 01, 2015
- http://www.ilcor.org/home/ accessed February 1, 2016
- http://medicine.unm.edu/programs-and-centers/coehp/common/docs/COEHP%20First%20Aid%20Provider_3_14.pdf, accessed November 01, 2015
- http://www.sja.org.uk/sja/first-aid-advice/what-to-do-as-a-first-aider/the-role-of-a-first-aider.aspx, accessed November 01, 2015
- http://www.ems.gov/pdf/811077b.pdf , accessed October 01, 2015
- https://eccguidelines.heart.org/index.php/circulation/aha-red-cross-first-aid-guidelines/part-15-first-aid/ , accessed October 01, 2015
- http://www.humankinetics.com/excerpts/excerpts/legal-considerations-prior-to-giving-emergency-medical-care, accessed November 01, 2015