University Laboratory Safety - Developing and Using Controls
- Recognize the hierarchy of controls to protect laboratory personnel.
- Identify common laboratory safety control measures within in each control category.
- Given a scenario, identify specific safety controls that should be in place.
- Identify the minimum personal protective attire appropriate for your laboratory environment.
Laboratory Safety - Developing and Using Controls addresses covers various types of controls put in place to protect laboratory workers, with an emphasis on engineering controls, administrative controls, and personal protective equipment.
- 30 minutes
- Format: Online Interactive
- Develop Controls-Administrative
- Develop Controls-Engineering
- Develop Controls-Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- 29CFR Part 1910 - Occupational Safety and Health Standards for General Industry
- 29CFR Part 1910, Subpart Z - Toxic and Hazardous Substances
- CFR 1910.1450 - Laboratory Safety
- CRF 1910.1200 - Hazard communication
- CFR 1910.134 - Respiratory Protection