387-03 - Economic Power System Operations
Bulk Electric System stability relies on the system operator's ability to maintain a balance of efficient and economic power generation, transmission, and distribution. System operators must:
- Be familiar with types of system costs incurred
- Know how to efficiently load available generation types
- Understand transmission losses
- Know when to exchange power across borders.
The Economic Power System Operations training course identifies system conditions contributing to or negatively impacting stable operations and generation unit loading. This online course explains:
- Fixed versus variable cost
- Efficient generating unit operations
- Non-thermal cost variation
- Transmission line effects on generation cost
- Economic power interchange
Economic Power System Operations is part of the System Operations training series.
- 75 minutes
- Format: Online Interactive