A New Entry for OSHA’s Top Ten
OSHA’s Top Ten Most Cited Violations is a familiar list to anyone in EHS. It’s an annual snapshot of the areas of greatest concern for worker safety and compliance adherence, and it rarely changes from year to year. Fiscal Year 2017, however, was different.
This year, coming in at #9, “Fall Protection – Training Requirements” made its list debut. Referring to OSHA standard 1926.503, this regulation requires training for those employees who might be exposed to fall hazards. 2017 saw 1,724 violations to the regulation, which boosted it onto this year’s list.
The December issue of Safety + Health magazine compiles a list the largest fines of the year as well as taking an in-depth look at the violations themselves. For some companies, those figures exceed the million-dollar mark, proving again that accidents and compliance violations are expensive mistakes.
The 2017 violation list:
- Fall Protection – General Requirements (1926.501)
- Hazard Communication (1910.1200)
- Scaffolding (1926.451)
- Respiratory Protection (1910.134)
- Lockout/Tagout (1910.147)
- Ladders (1926.1053)
- Powered Industrial Trucks (1910.178)
- Machine Guarding (1910.212)
- Fall Protection – Training Requirements (1926.503)
- Electrical -- Wiring Methods (1910.305)
To help employers address these common areas of concern, Summit Training Source has created an OSHA Violation Protection course bundle. Individual student credits are sold in blocks of five (5) and are good for one (1) year of unlimited use of all courses in the bundle per student. The following courses are included in the bundle:
- Hazard Communication
- Forklift Safety
- Fall Protection Construction Pt 1
- Fall Protection Construction Pt 2
- Scaffolding Safety Construction
- Lockout/Tagout: Practices and Procedures
- Machine Guarding
- Respirators: Air Purifying
- Stairways and Ladders
- NFPA 70E: Arc Flash and Arc Blast Protection
Let us help you avoid costly fines and accidents with a comprehensive online training solution from Summit. To learn more or purchase your bundle, click the button below.