Safety Training: By the Numbers
Here’s a fun exercise for any safety leader prompted by data from the world of occupational safety and health. Use these facts, stats, and questions to start conversations in your organization.
$1 Billion per week is how much US employers pay for workers comp
- Do you know if your costs are above or below average for your company?
- Why do you think that is so?
- Is your safety training a plus or minus in that conversation?
81% of safety pros say breaking people free from work to attend training is a big problem
- Are people in your organization frustrated by training schedules?
- Have multiple shifts, traveling employees, and/or different locations?
- Is meeting training frequency requirements a problem?
80% rise in OSHA fee amounts
- Have you ever had an OSHA inspection?
- What’s your safety audit frequency?
- Would you like some helping getting a plan together?
75% of safety pros say that employees don’t care about safety training
- How do your employees feel about safety training?
- If you could identify a problem, how would you solve it?
- Ever had a bad experience with a training vendor?
- Or a good one? What worked for you?
- Does your training program content refresh annually or is the material the same?
$36,500 is the average cost for a workplace accident
- Have you had injuries or near misses trigger supplemental safety training?
- If so, are you training for those topics now?
- Does safety training fit with your accident prevention plan?
27% of OSHA inspections are triggered by employee complaints
- Has this happened at your organization?
- Do you think your organization is inviting risk at this level?
$4 saved for each $1 of investment in occupational safety & health
- Have you calculated your annual safety training spend?
- Did you know safety training may earn you a workers comp discount?
How would employees rate your safety training? See our reviews here: https://www.opensesame.com/s/vivid