Excavation, Trenching, and Shoring Overview
- Recognize cave-in protection requirements and identify proper procedures to keep employees safe in an excavation.
- Identify hazards in and around an excavation or trenching site, as well as necessary precautions and protective measures to keep employees safe from them.
After completing this lesson, you will be able to recognize the potential hazards you may encounter when working in and around excavations. You will also be able to identify the precautions you must follow in order to work safely in and around excavations.
- Training Type: Interactive
- 10 Minutes
- English, Spanish
- Excavation, Trenching, and Shoring Overview
- 29 CFR 1926 Subpart P - Excavations - 1926.651 Specific Excavation Requirements