- Explain the force of magnetism
- Describe the molecular domains of ferromagnetic metals
- Describe the reaction between like and unlike magnetic fields
- Describe magnetic flux
- Define electromagnetism
- Explain the changes of field strength in an electromagnetic coil
- Define permeability
- Explain the left hand rule for coils
Transformers use electromagnetism to transform an AC voltage by mutual induction. A basic knowledge of electromagnetic induction is necessary to understand how transformers are used in the transmission and distribution of electricity. The Transformer Basics training course explains magnetism, electromagnetism and the basic principles of electric voltage transformation.
This online training course includes:
- Magnetic measurements
- Turns ratio
- Transformer losses
Transformer Basics is part of the Transformers training series.
- 65 Minutes