- Explain safety precautions taken when operating a drill press
- Describe various drill press components and attachments
- List various types of drill presses and describe their operations
- Describe how cutting speeds and feed rates affect drill press operations
Drill presses are among the most frequently used tools in an industrial machine shop. They are often used with a drill bit to cut holes in work pieces. Drill presses may also be used with a variety of other cutting attachments for machining operations such as tapping, countersinking, reaming, boring, and counterboring.
The Drill Pass training course explores different types of drill presses and their common components. It also discusses drill press safety and operations. This online course describes the design, use, and operation of a drill press and its major functions and attachments. Topics covered in this course include:
- Safety in drill press operations
- Drill press components
- Holding attachments
- Drill press types
- Drill press operations
- Cutting speeds and feed rates
This course is part of the Drill Press training series.
- Training Type: Interactive
- 65 Minutes