Introduction to Measuring and Care of Measuring Tools
- Explain the need for both coarse and precision measurements
- Describe the proper care of:
- Simple calipers
- Rigid rules, folding rules, and tape measures
- Vernier calipers
- Telescoping gauges and micrometers
- Dial indicators and fixed gauges
With the intricate designs and close running tolerances of modern machinery, precision measurements are critical to proper equipment maintenance and repair. The ability to accurately measure parts is a necessity in modern industrial plants. The Introduction to Measuring and Care of Measurement Tools training course covers the use and care of measurement instruments in machining and industrial maintenance.
This online introductory course explains the need for measurement tools and describes precautions in properly caring for the tools. It also includes care of coarse and precision measurement tools. Introduction to Measuring and Care of Measurement Tools is part of the Precision Measurement training series.
- Training Type: Interactive
- 30 Minutes