- List surface grinder components and identify their functions
- Discuss techniques and components related to workpiece clamping
- Identify types of grinding wheels and compare their uses
- Explain the basic steps for dressing a grinding wheel and profile-shaping a grinding wheel
- Describe the two basic techniques for grinding a part
- Identify safety equipment and best practices for safe grinder operation
- Outline the technique for grinding a workpiece parallel and to a specific size
The surface grinder is a key tool in the machine shop for maintenance, repair, and manufacture of repair parts. The Surface Grinder training course describes surface grinder controls systems. It also explains basic machining methods to manufacture replacement parts used to repair different equipment types.
This online training course discusses:
- Surface grinder components
- Workpiece clamping
- Grinding wheels
- Grinding techniques
This course is part of the Surface Grinder training series.
- Training Type: Interactive
- 60 Minutes