Digital Thermometers and Calibrators
- Explain how temperature sources and simulators are used to perform thermocouple and RTD calibration
- Describe the common types of temperature sources used for calibrating temperature instruments:
- Dry Well (Block)
- Liquid and Fluidized-Sand Bath
- Describe the operation of a blackbody calibrator
- Describe the function and common features of a loop calibrator
- Explain the basic modes of operation of a 4-20 mA loop calibrator:
- Measuring Current/Voltage
- Sourcing Current
- Sourcing Loop Power
- Transmitter Simulation
- List the common functions included in a multifunction loop calibrator
Temperature instrument calibration must verify correct output from the primary element. It also verifies proper operation of the remaining sensor circuitry.
The Temperature Calibrators training course investigates the most common equipment needed to perform temperature instrument calibration. It explains the equipment's basic function and operation.
Temperature Calibrators is part of the Test Equipment training series.
- Training Type: Online Interactive
- 50 Minutes