Industrial Print Reading Overview
- Explain the purpose drawings and schematics serve in an industrial setting
- Describe seven categories most industrial drawings fall under
- Discuss the purpose of a civil drawing
- Describe two types of construction drawings commonly used in industrial facilities when new buildings or large equipment are constructed
- Describe the use of mechanical drawings by facility mechanics as part of their jobs
- Explain the purpose of electrical diagrams
Industrial sites are vast facilities made up of hundreds of pieces of equipment, miles of pipe and electrical wire, and thousands of pieces of sophisticated equipment. Facility operators, technicians, mechanics, and engineers rely on a variety of drawings to:
- Help in constructing new facilities and systems
- Repair equipment
- Isolate and troubleshoot system problems
Understanding the basic drawing types used in industrial facilities is necessary to work in this environment.
The Industrial Print Reading Overview training course describes the different drawing types used by site employees to design, repair, and maintain equipment in the facility. It explains how to determine which type should be used to acquire the specific information needed for a specific project.
Industrial Print Reading Overview is part of the Prints and Drawings training series.
- Training Type: Online Interactive
- 45 Minutes