Introduction to Industrial Electronics
- Explain how semiconductor materials are used to construct electronic components
- Describe the operation of a P-N junction in an electronic component
- Explain the effect of bias voltage on current flow through a P-N junction
- Explain the operation of the following electronic components:
- Describe the purpose of a rectifier
- Describe the following types of thyristors:
- Silicon Controlled Rectifiers (SCR)
- Explain the common techniques used in troubleshooting electronic circuits
Modern industrial control systems contain multiple electronic circuits that allow them to monitor and control a variety of systems. Electronic circuits share some similarities with other electrical devices, but the specific components in them operate under different principles and sometimes require different techniques to troubleshoot and repair. The Introduction to Industrial Electronics training course describes the construction and operation of basic electronic components. It also explains common troubleshooting techniques used.
This online course focuses on semiconductor materials, bias voltage, electronic components, and electronics troubleshooting. Introduction to Industrial Electronics is part of the Electronics Fundamentals series.
- Training Type: Interactive
- 50 Minutes