Pressure Measuring Devices
- Describe the difference between absolute, gauge, vacuum, and differential pressure
- Describe and explain the operation of liquid column manometers, including the following types:
- Inclined tube
- Describe and explain the operation of elastic pressure sensors, including the following types:
- Bourdon tube
- Explain in detail the construction and operation of a Bourdon tube pressure gauge
- Describe the purpose of a pressure switch, pressure transducer, and a d/p cell
Pressure must be maintained and controlled for many reasons, primarily safety. Pressure is measured using four common scales: absolute, gauge, vacuum, and differential. The Pressure Measuring Devices training course discusses the various measurement scales and the devices used to measure pressure. It also explains how to operate these devices.
Equipment covered includes liquid column manometers and elastic pressure sensors. This online course is part of the Process Controls Variables series.
- Training Type: Interactive
- 50 Minutes