Reading a P&ID
- Identify symbols for selected vessels, compressors, heat exchangers, valves, and pumps
- Identify instrument symbols
- Describe how the instruments in control loops are named on a PID
- Identify piping and determine information about a pipeline including:
- Material in the line
- Size of the pipe
- Line number
- Recognize the different types of lines including pneumatic, hydraulic, electric, and signal lines
Being able to read a P&ID is an important part of understanding where equipment is and how it fits into the system process. The Reading a P&ID training course focuses on the key elements of the main diagram, the way it identifies the instrumentation and equipment, and the relationship between components.
This online course discusses the P&ID elements, common equipment symbols, instruments and instrument control loops, and line designations. Reading a P&ID is part of the Prints and Drawings Series.
- Training Type: Interactive
- 45 Minutes