- Identify and describe commonly used types of bolts
- Explain proper tightening of flange bolts
- Define bolt preload and discuss methods of controlling the preload of a fastener
- Describe how to identify the grade of a bolt
- Describe failure modes of bolted connections
- Define locking mechanisms used on fasteners
When you complete this lesson, you will be able to describe commonly used bolt types and grades and discuss their proper use. You will be able to list common modes of joint failure and identify some preventive measures.
- 60 Minutes