Centrifugal Pump Design
- Explain the design of a volute pump casing
- Identify when diffuser rings are employed and describe where a volute would apply when diffuser rings are also employed
- State the difference between a solid casing and a split casing
- Describe the difference between an axially split and radially split casing
- List three primary purposes of a pump casing
- Identify four ways impellers can be classified
- State the purpose of a thrust bearing on a centrifugal pump
- State the purpose of a mechanical seal on a centrifugal pump
Centrifugal pumps are used extensively in industrial system processes. The Centrifugal Pump Design online training course builds on the knowledge learned in Introduction to Centrifugal Pumps by providing a more in-depth look at centrifugal pump design.
This course explains the role design plays in matching a pump to a process application. It discusses casing function and options, impeller function and options, and bearings, couplings, and seals. This course is part of the Centrifugal Pump series.
- 50 Minutes