Centrifugal Pump Fundamentals
- Define the following terms:
- Static head
- Suction head
- Discharge head
- Friction head
- Explain what is meant by the phrase “suction lift”
- Describe the relationship between head pressure and pump capacity
- Define net positive suction head
- Describe the relationship between pump cavitation and net positive suction head
Centrifugal pumps move liquids through system processes under various operating conditions. Understanding centrifugal pump terminology in relation to operational considerations is important in working with associated system process.
The Centrifugal Pump Fundamentals training course uses appropriate terminology to discuss centrifugal pump selection and operation. It explains head pressure and pump capacity. It also explores pump cavitation and net positive suction head. This online course is part of the Centrifugal Pump training series.
- Training Type: Interactive
- 50 Minutes