Centrifugal Pump Operation
- Identify basic pre-start checks and inspections to complete prior to starting a centrifugal pump
- Discuss additional checks required for large, multi-stage centrifugal pumps
- Describe what is meant by the phrase “priming a pump”
- State the inspections conducted on an operating centrifugal pump
- Define the term “air bound pump” in reference to a centrifugal pump
When you complete this lesson, you will be able describe the basic start-up and shutdown procedures used on single and multi-stage centrifugal pumps. In addition, you will be able to explain the basic inspections that should be completed on operating centrifugal pumps during each shift.
- 65 Minutes