Introduction to Chain Drives
- Explain the principles behind chain drive operations
- Define common terminology used when working with chain drives
- Compare the advantages and disadvantages of chain drives to those of other drive systems
- List the common types of chains and sprockets used in chain drive systems
Chain drives are an important part of mechanical power transmission systems in industrial facilities. They send needed power from the drive unit to other equipment. The Introduction to Chain Drives training course covers the principles of chain systems and common terminology used when working with them.
This online course describes the design and function of typical chain drives. It also reviews chain drive advantages and disadvantages. It includes power transmission chain types and sprockets. Introduction to Chain Drives is part of the Chain Drive Maintenance training series.
- Training Type: Interactive
- 50 Minutes