Basic Boiler Design
- Describe the
- relationship between heating surface and boiler output
- Describe the difference between package boilers and field erected boilers
- Describe the differences between firetube boilers and watertube boilers and the applications in which they are used
- Describe the basic steam and feedwater flow paths through a horizontal-return tubular boiler
- Describe the basic components that make up a typical watertube boiler
Boilers have many applications, including heating systems, industrial processes, and electricity production. Understanding basic boiler design is necessary to safely operate high and low pressure steam boilers.
The Basic Boiler Design training course explains why different boiler types are used for different processes. It also describes the basic components that make up a firetube and watertube boiler. This online course discusses the circulation paths through each type of boiler.
Basic Boiler Design is part of the Hydrocarbon Fired Boilers training series.
- Training Type: Online Interactive
- 55 Minutes