Basic Wind Turbine Design
- Define wind
- Discuss some factors that affect wind
- Identify two classifications of wind turbines
- Describe the components that typically comprise the drive train on a wind turbine
- Describe the basic wind turbine design currently used in the production of electricity
Wind turbines have become a significant source of the world's electrical energy. Understanding basic wind characteristics and wind turbine design is necessary to operate and maintain wind turbines. The Basic Wind Turbine Design training course explains how a wind turbine harnesses the kinetic energy in wind to convert into useful mechanical energy. This course also identifies the principle components of a modern wind turbine.
This course discusses wind turbine history. It identifies basic wind turbine types and their components. Basic Wind Turbine Design is part of the Wind Energy training series.
- Training Type: Interactive
- 50 Minutes