Diesel Engine Support Systems
- Describe the diesel engine cooling system
- Explain the importance and function of the lubrication system used in the diesel engine
- Describe how the fuel system stores, cleans, and delivers the fuel to the diesel engine
- List the components of the diesel engine’s air intake and exhaust systems and identify their functions
To operate, a diesel engine needs supporting systems for cooling, lubrication, fuel injection, air intake, and exhaust, Depending on the engine's size, power, and application, these five essential elements vary in size and complexity.
The Diesel Engine Support Systems training course explains the operation and importance of the supporting systems that make the diesel engine run smoothly, including:
- Coolant system
- Lubrication system
- Fuel injection system
- Air intake system
- Exhaust systems
This course is part of the Diesel Power Plant Operation training series.
- Training Type: Online Interactive
- 60 Minutes