Gas Turbine Fundamentals and Configuration of Generating Facilities
- Recall the basic layout of a simple cycle and combined cycle generation facilities
- Explain the Brayton Cycle and supporting principles as they relate to the basic operation of a gas turbine compressor
- List the components of a typical combustion turbine package and discuss the function of each
- Explain the basics of the fuel system
- Describe the purpose of the lube oil system
- Recognize the importance of temperature monitoring and identify heat’s potential for system damage
Configuring a power plant layout requires analyzing many variables, including economics, environmental factors, licensing, and others. The Gas Turbine Fundamentals and and Configuration of Generating Facilities training course discusses the basic design of a simple cycle power plant and the function and operation of its fundamental piece of equipment, the combustion turbine.
This online course covers generating facility configuration, basic principles of gas turbines, gas turbine design and components, turbine temperature distribution and monitoring, and engine configurations. The Gas Turbine Fundamentals course is part of the Combustion Turbine Fundamentals series.
- 60 Minutes