Generator Construction and Process Control
- Identify the difference between induction and synchronous types of three-phase generators
- Recall the construction of a three-phase, two pole DC generator
- Recall how a sinusoidal waveform illustrates the number of amps produced over a given time
- Recall the operation of a synchroscope
- Identify the parameters to be controlled when placing the generator on the electrical grid
Generator construction in the power industry is based on several standard operational principles. Once in operation, the generator is placed on the electrical grid using process control loops and other methods of control.
The Generator Construction and Process Control training course describes generator construction and explains some of the principles behind generator operation and process control. This online course covers:
- Generator construction
- Operational principles
- Methods of control
This course is part of the Generator and Auxiliary Systems and Control training series.
- Training Type: Online Interactive
- 30 Minutes