Introduction to Solar Energy
- Describe the benefits of solar power production
- List common ways solar energy can be used to augment traditional fossil fuel generation
- Explain how energy storage systems are used to overcome deficiencies in solar power production
- Describe how a photovoltaic solar plant produces and delivers power to the grid
- Describe how a thermal solar plant produces and supplies steam for use in electrical power generation
The Introduction to Solar Energy training course examines the use of solar energy in electric power generation and explores the most common methods used to produce electricity from the sun. It explains the benefits of solar power generation and how it can complement generation from fossil fuels. It also describes the most common methods used today.
This course introduces solar energy fundamentals. It discusses two methods of generating solar power: photovoltaic systems and thermal systems. Introduction to Solar Energy is part of the Solar Energy training series.
- Training Type: Interactive
- 45 Minutes