Introduction to the Feedwater System
- Discuss the relationship between the deaerator storage tank and boiler feed pumps
- Describe the function of a typical boiler feed pump
- Explain the purpose and operation of the high-pressure heaters
- Discuss the relationship between the boiler economizer and the final feedwater temperature
- Describe the basic design and operation of a typical steam drum
When you complete this lesson, you will be able to describe the basic purpose and operation of the major components typically found in a feedwater system. In addition, you will be able to further explain the relationship between the condensate and feedwater systems during boiler operation.
- 55 Minutes