Preparing for Power Plant Shutdowns
- List and define the three classifications of power plant shutdowns
- Discuss the purpose of blowing soot and removing ash from the boiler
- Discuss coal system preparations completed prior to a scheduled shutdown
- Explain what four conditions must simultaneously exist while reducing the firing rate of a boiler
- Describe each of the basic tasks associated with ramping-down a turbine/generator
When you complete this lesson, you will be able to describe the basic tasks that must be performed on plant equipment prior to a power plant shutdown.
- 50 Minutes