Saturated Steam Tables
- Define saturation temperature
- Explain what is meant by the term “saturated steam”
- Define saturation pressure
- Identify the critical point of water
- Explain the difference between enthalpy and entropy
- Define superheated steam
- Describe the two categories of saturated steam tables and discuss their use
Steam is used in industry to transfer energy from one source to another. Steam tables document the properties of water and steam under various conditions. Understanding these tables helps in operating equipment that uses water and steam as an energy source.
The Saturated Steam Tables training course explains the terms associated with the physical characteristics of water, saturated steam, and superheated steam. It also demonstrates how to interpret the information shown in steam tables. This online training course includes:
- Introduction to steam tables
- Steam table terms
- Saturated steam tables
Saturated Steam Tables is part of the Heat Rate Optimization training series.
- Training Type: Online Interactive
- 55 Minutes